- Every person possesses leadership potentials.
- Leadership can and should be taught.
To foster principled leadership through a process oriented model that is purposeful, ethical, inclusive and empowering with special attention to advance the leadership of groups historically under-represented in public life.
- To impart knowledge, develop attitude and enhance skills to transform young aspirants as future public leaders.
- To improve the quality of political and governmental leadership at different levels.
- To accelerate development of persons with potentials to become better political leaders.
Duration of the Programme:
The duration of the programme will be one year.
The minimum qualification will be Graduate degree in any discipline.
Medium of instruction:
Medium of instruction shall be in English. However, the candidates will be supported by Hindi during the teaching-learning process.
The selection process for admission to the programme will be based on personal interview.
The programme will incorporate the following modules.
- Understanding India
- Working of Indian Constitution
- Administrative System of India
- Legislative Process and Procedures
- Sociology of Political Leadership
- Psychology of Political Leadership
- Personality Development and Leadership
- Public Policy
- Electoral Politics and Campaign Management
- Leadership for Good Governance
- Political Communication
- Public Finance
- Global Politics and Diplomacy
- Constituency Management
- Media Management
Unique Features of the Programme:
- Majority of the learning through interactive sessions, thematic workshops, field visits, study tours, etc.
- Interactive lecture sessions with eminent leaders from political parties, bureaucracy, judiciary, media, social service, civil society, etc.
- Thematic workshops handled by experts in the field towards understanding the diversity of India, contemporary aspects,legislative procedures and practices, policy analysis, budget analysis, ethics and values for public service, etc.
- Visits through Government Departments, Research Institutions, reputed Development Organisations, etc.
- Learning journey through Legislature and Parliament to have a first-hand learning experience.
- Internship with Members of Parliament/ State Legislature, Local Government Leaders, Leaders of Political parties, etc.with thrust on constituency management and formulation of models
- Capacity building for drafting policy note, policy brief, bills, etc.
- Innovative Assessment Practices
Important Features of Teaching – Learning Process:
- Lecture sessions
- Group Discussions
- Case Study
- Scenario-based learning
- Role play
- Simulation exercises
- Experience sharing by eminent legislators, bureaucrats and civil society activists
- Workshops in thematic areas
- Academic Discourses
- Panel Discussions
- Field visits through Rural, Urban, Tribal and Coastal areas
- Community service projects
- Institutional Visits
- Learning journey to Legislative institutions
- Comprehensive Internship with eminent leaders from diverse setting
- Constituency interaction
- Development of community service project
- Preparation of Term paper